The North Transept

The windows both date from the 14th century, but the glass is modern and is early work of James Powell and Sons. The window in the east wall of the transept, like those in the north wall of the chancel, had to be lit artificially when natural light was blocked by the new vestry in 1958. The steps and doorway which lead into the new vestry date from 1954.

The portable St Nicholas Altar stands in the north transept in front of the colourful reredos by Faith Craft of Westminster. It shows the crucifixion with Our Lady and St John on one side and two women in obeisance on the other. This altar is used regularly as the Nave Altar during services.

Website : beachshore