The chancel

All the woodwork is 19th century or later. The damaged achievement of arms on the north wall is all that remains of an ambitious wall monument of alabaster and black marble to Thomas Hutchinson (1656) and his wife. The windows are 16th century but the glass is 19th century. The arcade on the south side of the chancel was erected in 1859, when the aisle which is now the Lady Chapel was added. Although matching the 14th century nave arches in style, these chancel arches are built of a different, warmer-coloured stone.

Website : beachshore